- Package ID
OSFMount - Mount dd image files in Windows
OSFMount is a free utility designed for use with PassMark OSForensics™ ##Overview OSFMount allows you to mount local disk image files (bit-for-bit copies of a disk partition) in Windows with a drive letter. You can then analyze the disk image file with PassMark OSForensics™ by using the mounted volume’s drive letter. By default, the image files are mounted as read only so that the original image files are not altered. OSFMount also supports the creation of RAM disks, basically a disk mounted into RAM. This generally has a large speed benefit over using a hard disk. As such this is useful with applications requiring high speed disk access, such a database applications, games (such as game cache files) and browsers (cache files). A second benefit is security, as the disk contents are not stored on a physical hard disk (but rather in RAM) and on system shutdown the disk contents are not persistent. OSFMount supports mounting images of CDs in .ISO format , which can be useful when a particular CD is used often and the speed of access is important. ##Supported File Extensions: (all Read, some Write - see product page for further details)
- Raw Image (.IMG, .DD)
- Raw CD Image (.ISO, .BIN) * Split Raw Image (.00n)
- Nero Burning ROM Image (.NRG) * System Deployment Image (.SDI) * Advanced Forensics Format Images* (AFF)
- Advanced Forensics Format Images w/ meta data* (AFM)
- Advanced Forensics Format Directories* (AFD) * VMWare Image (.VMDK) * EnCase EWF (.E01) * SMART EWF (.S01) * VHD Image (.VHD) ##System requirements * Win 7, Win 8, and Win 10
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- 32bit and 64bit support
- It is recommended that 64-bit Windows is used when large disk image files are to be mounted. The 32-bit version can only be used on 32-bit Windows. The 64-bit version can only be used on 64-bit Windows. * Users must have administrator privileges.
- RAM: 1GB. When mounting large disk images, the more RAM the better.
- Disk space: 1 MB of free hard disk space for the installation files. ##Price OSFMount is a free utility. PACKAGE NOTES