- Package ID
OpenShift Origin is a distribution of Kubernetes optimized for continuous application development and multi-tenant deployment. OpenShift Origin is the open source upstream project that powers OpenShift, Red Hat's container application platform.
OpenShift Application Platform
The Open Source Container Application Platform - Enterprise Kubernetes for Developers OpenShift Origin is a distribution of Kubernetes optimized for continuous application development and multi-tenant deployment. OpenShift adds developer and operations-centric tools on top of Kubernetes to enable rapid application development, easy deployment and scaling, and long-term lifecycle maintenance for small and large teams. Origin is the upstream community project that powers OpenShift. Built around a core of Docker container packaging and Kubernetes container cluster management, Origin is also augmented by application lifecycle management functionality and DevOps tooling. Origin provides a complete open source container application platform. ## Features
- Easily build applications with integrated service discovery and persistent storage.
- Quickly and easily scale applications to handle periods of increased demand. * Support for automatic high availability, load balancing, health checking, and failover.
- Push source code to your Git repository and automatically deploy containerized applications.
- Web console and command-line client for building and monitoring applications.
- Centralized administration and management of an entire stack, team, or organization. * Create reusable templates for components of your system, and iteratively deploy them over time. * Roll out modifications to software stacks to your entire organization in a controlled fashion. * Integration with your existing authentication mechanisms, including LDAP, Active Directory, and public OAuth providers such as GitHub.
- Multi-tenancy support, including team and user isolation of containers, builds, and network communication. * Allow developers to run containers securely with fine-grained controls in production. * Limit, track, and manage the developers and teams on the platform.
- Integrated Docker registry, automatic edge load balancing, cluster logging, and integrated metrics. #### Note: Windows support is limited to 64bit systems.