- Package ID
GNU Privacy Guard suite of programs for encryption and digital signatures
Gpg4win (GNU Privacy Guard for Windows) is the full suite of programs for file encryption and digital signatures.
Gpg4win enables users to securely transport emails and files with the help of encryption and digital signatures. Encryption protects the contents against an unwanted party reading it. Digital signatures allow authors of files to sign them prior to distribution so a user may verify the file has not been tampered with and comes from a specific sender.
Gpg4win supports both relevant cryptography standards, OpenPGP and Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) X.509 certificates, and is the official GnuPG distribution for Windows.
It is maintained by the developers of GnuPG. Gpg4win and the software included with Gpg4win are Free Software (Open Source; among other things free of charge for all commercial and non-commercial purposes).
- Supports OpenPGP and S/MIME
- High algorithmic strength of GnuPG
- SmartCards for OpenPGP and S/MIME
- Sign single files or complete folders directly from the Windows Explorer with GpgEX or Kleopatra
- Create and verify checksums of files directly from the Windows Explorer or Kleopatra
- Outlook email plugin
- User-friendly Certificate Selection and management
- Import and export of certificates from and to (OpenPGP and X.509) certificate servers
/Config- Use the configuration/control with the specified path
choco install gpg4win --params "/Config:C:\gpg4win.ini"
- Gpg4win was until version 3.0 distributed in three editions and was also available as the gpg4win-vanilla and gpg4win-light packages. Those two distributions are no longer maintained. Instead, use gnupg package which provides the modern command line version of GnuPG without any graphical tools.