- Package ID
UltraDefrag is a powerful Open Source Defragmentation tool for the Windows Platform
UltraDefrag is an open source disk defragmenter for Windows. It eliminates the file fragmentation problem speeding up the computers which need less mechanical work to read continuous data from disks. UltraDefrag can fix almost everything including files which are usually locked - it launches inside of the Windows boot process when most of the files are still not in use.
- simple but efficient defragmentation algorithms
- safe environment preventing files corruption
- defragmentation of locked paging and hibernation files
- defragmentation of NTFS metafiles (including MFT) and streams
- flexible filters allowing exclusion of files by various criteria
- defragmentation of disks having specified fragmentation level
- one click defragmentation via Windows Explorer context menu
- multilingual graphical interface (over 60 languages available)
- powerful command line interface
- scheduled defragmentation (using Windows Task Scheduler)
- automatic termination when specified time interval elapses
- automatic hibernation or shutdown after the job completion
- small size of installers (about 2 MB)
- availability of portable packages requiring no installation
- full support of 64-bit editions of Windows
- granted permission to freely use and redistribute the program
/NoShellExtension- install without the Explorer’s context menu handler.
/DisableUsageTracking- disable the usage tracking. SEE: https://sourceforge.net/p/ultradefrag/discussion/709672/thread/657b0ebe/#0e65
/NoBootInterface- install without the boot time interface.
choco install ultradefrag --params "/NoShellExtension /NoBootInterface"