Home > Software > Scientific > Statistics > PSPP
- Package ID
__GNU PSPP__ is a program for statistical analysis of sampled data. It is a Free replacement for the proprietary program __SPSS__.
GNU PSPP is a program for statistical analysis of sampled data. It is a Free replacement for the proprietary program SPSS.
PSPP can perform descriptive statistics, T-tests, anova, linear and logistic regression, cluster analysis, reliability and factor analysis, non-parametric tests and more. Its backend is designed to perform its analyses as fast as possible, regardless of the size of the input data. You can use PSPP with its graphical interface or the more traditional syntax commands.
- Support for over 1 billion cases.
- Support for over 1 billion variables.
- Syntax and data files which are compatible with those of SPSS.
- A choice of terminal or graphical user interface.
- A choice of text, postscript, pdf, opendocument or html output formats.
- Inter-operability with Gnumeric, LibreOffice, OpenOffice.Org and other free software.
- Easy data import from spreadsheets, text files and database sources.
- The capability to open, analyse and edit two or more datasets concurrently. They can also be merged, joined or concatenated.
- A user interface supporting all common character sets and which has been translated to multiple languages.
- Fast statistical procedures, even on very large data sets.
- No license fees.
- No expiration period.
- No unethical â€œend user license agreementsâ€.
- A fully indexed user manual.
- Freedom ensured; It is licensed under the GPLv3 or later.
- Portability; Runs on many different computers and many different operating systems (GNU or GNU/Linux are the prefered platforms, but we have had many reports that it runs well on other systems too).