- Package ID
A multi-document, multi-view text editor by KDE.
Kate is a programmer’s text editor by KDE. It features stuff like codefolding, syntaxhighlighting, dynamic word wrap, an embedded console, an extensive plugin interface and some prelimentary scripting support. But Kate is more than a programmer’s editor. Its ability to open several files at once makes it ideal for editing many configuration files.
- MDI, window splitting, window tabbing
- Spell checking
- CR, CRLF, LF newline support
- Encoding support (utf-8, utf-16, ascii etc.)
- Encoding conversion
- Regular expression based find and replace
- Powerful syntax highlighting and bracket matching
- Code and text folding
- Infinite undo/redo support
- Block selection mode
- Auto indentation
- Auto completion support
- Shell integration
- Wide protocol support (http, ftp, ssh, webdav etc.) using kioslaves
- Plugin architecture for the application and editor component
- Customizable shortcuts
- Integrated command line
This package does not support 32-bit architecture.