- Package ID
Lightweight Bitcoin client
Electrum is an easy to use Bitcoin wallet. It protects you from losing coins in a backup mistake or computer failure, because your wallet can be recovered from a secret phrase that you can write on paper or learn by heart. There is no waiting time when you start the client, because it does not download the Bitcoin blockchain. ### Features:
- Instant on: Your client does not download the blockchain. It uses a network of specialized servers that index the blockchain.
- Forgiving: Your wallet can be recovered from a secret seed.
- Safe: Your seed and private keys are encrypted on your hard drive. They are never sent to the servers.
- Low trust: Information received from the servers is verified using SPV. Servers are authenticated using SSL
- No downtimes: Your client is not tied to a particular server; it will switch instantly if your server is down.
- Ubiquitous: You can use the same wallet on different computers, they will synchronize automatically.
- Cold Storage: Sign transactions from a computer that is always offline. Broadcast them using a machine that does not have your keys.
- Reachable: You can export your private keys into other Bitcoin clients.
- Established: Electrum is open source and was first released in November 2011.