- Package ID
An open-source GUI prototyping tool that's available for ALL platforms.
Pencil is an open-source GUI prototyping tool that’s available for ALL platforms. Pencil is built for the purpose of providing a free and open-source GUI prototyping tool that people can easily install and use to create mockups in popular desktop platforms.
- Easy GUI Prototyping: Various built-in shapes collection are available for drawing different types of user interface ranging from desktop to mobile platforms. Pencil is shipped with Android and iOS UI stencils pre-installed.
- Built-in Shape Collections: Built-in collections include general-purpose shapes, flowchart elements, desktop/web UI shapes, Android and iOS GUI shapes, and many other collections created by the community.
- Diagram Drawing Support: Pencil supports connectors which can be used to “wire” shapes together in a diagram. A collection of flowchart shapes are also available for drawing diagrams.
- Exporting to Different Output Formats: Pencil supports outputing the drawing document into different types of formats such as image files, HTML pages and document formats including OpenOffice/LibreOffice text documents, SVG and PDF.
- Easily Find Cliparts from the Internet: Pencil has a clipart browser tool that integrates with OpenClipart.org.
- Inter-page linking: Elements in a drawing can be linked to a specific page in the same document. This helps user define the UI flow when creating application or website mockups.