- Package ID
X2GO is for having a graphical remote desktop of Linux computers over a low bandwidth connection.
2Go enables you to access a graphical desktop of a computer over a low bandwidth (or high bandwidth) connection.
X2Go is a Remote Desktop solution, which some vendors vaguely call Remote Control. This is not to be confused with Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection, which is a competing Remote Desktop solution and protocol.
With X2Go, you mainly access Linux computers. The Linux computer you are accessing is the X2Go Server. (There are ways to connect to a Windows computer as well; some of them are only available with the Linux X2Go Client.)
You can connect from a computer running Linux, Windows or Mac OS X. This computer is the X2Go Client.
Multiple users/clients can access a single X2Go Server at the same time, with each user/client having an individual Desktop session by default - however, Desktop sharing (Remote Assistance) is possible, too (see below).
For the graphical part of remote desktop sessions, X2Go uses No Machine NX3 technology under the hood.
- Graphical Remote Desktop that works well over both low bandwidth and high bandwidth connections
- The ability to disconnect and reconnect to a session, even from another client
- Support for sound
- Support for as many simultaneous users as the computer’s resources will support (NX3 free edition limited you to 2.)
- Traffic is securely tunneled over SSH
- File Sharing from client to server
- Printer Sharing from client to server
- Easily select from multiple desktop environments (e.g., MATE, GNOME, KDE)
- Remote support possible via Desktop Sharing
- The ability to access single applications by specifying the name of the desired executable in the client configuration or selecting one of the pre-defined common applications