- Package ID
Read, write and edit metadata
ExifTool is a platform-independent Perl library plus a command-line application for reading, writing and editing meta information in a wide variety of files. ExifTool supports many different metadata formats including EXIF, GPS, IPTC, XMP, JFIF, GeoTIFF, ICC Profile, Photoshop IRB, FlashPix, AFCP and ID3, as well as the maker notes of many digital cameras by Canon, Casio, FLIR, FujiFilm, GE, HP, JVC/Victor, Kodak, Leaf, Minolta/Konica-Minolta, Nikon, Nintendo, Olympus/Epson, Panasonic/Leica, Pentax/Asahi, Phase One, Reconyx, Ricoh, Samsung, Sanyo, Sigma/Foveon and Sony.
- Reads/writes metadata in a wide variety of files
- Supports many different types of metadata including EXIF, IPTC and XMP
- Includes command-line application plus Perl libraries
- Geotags images from GPS track logs
- Shifts date/time values to fix timestamps in images
- Copies metadata from one file to another
- Processes entire directory trees
- Renames/organizes images based on metadata
- Distribution packages provided for Unix, Windows and Mac
Please Note: This is an automatically updated package. If you find it is out of date by more than a day or two, please contact the maintainer(s) and let them know the package is no longer updating correctly.