- Package ID
an IBM 3270 terminal emulator for Windows.
x3270 is an IBM 3270 terminal emulator for the X Window System and Windows. It runs on most Unix-like operating systems – e.g., Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris and Cygwin. It also runs natively on Windows.
x3270 runs over a TELNET connection, emulating either an IBM 3279 (color) or 3278 (monochrome). It supports:
- The full TN3270E protocol
- SSL/TLS (via the OpenSSL library) for encrypted sessions
- APL2 characters
- Non-English character sets, including Russian, Turkish, Hebrew and DBCS Chinese and Japanese
- IND$FILE file transfer
- NVT mode (emulating a color xterm)
- A pop-up keypad for 3270-specific keys
- A scrollbar
- Printer session integration
- Extensive debugging and scripting facilities
It does not yet support graphics. x3270 is distributed as source code, and can be used for free.
x3270 is available in several different forms:
- x3270 is for use on an X graphics display
- c3270 is a curses-based version for use on a dumb terminal (e.g., a serial terminal or a Linux console)
- wc3270 is the Windows console version of c3270
- s3270 is a displayless version for writing screen-scraping scripts
- ws3270 is the native Windows version of s3270
- tcl3270 is similar to s3270, but integrated with Tcl
- pr3287 is for printer emulation
- wpr3287 is the native Windows version of pr3287
Also available is x026, an IBM 026 Keypunch emulator.
Please Note: This is an automatically updated package. If you find it is out of date by more than a day or two, please contact the maintainer(s) and let them know the package is no longer updating correctly.