Home > Software > Development > IDE: VSCode > Spring Initializr VSCode Extension
- Package ID
A lightweight extension based on Spring Initializr to generate quick start Spring Boot Java projects
Spring Initializr is a lightweight extension to quickly generate a Spring Boot project in Visual Studio Code (VS Code). It helps you to customize your projects with configurations and manage Spring Boot dependencies.
- Generate a Maven/Gradle Spring Boot project
- Customize configurations for a new project (language, group id, artifact id, boot version and dependencies)
- Search for dependencies
- Quickstart with last settings
- Edit Spring Boot dependencies of an existing Spring Boot project
- A JDK (version 1.8.0 or later) is required.
- This package requires Visual Studio Code 1.19.0 or newer. You can install either the vscode or vscode-insiders package.
- The extension will be installed in all editions of Visual Studio Code which can be found.
- While this package installs a specific version of the extension, Visual Studio Code by default will update the extension to the latest version on startup if there’s a newer version available on the marketplace. See Extension auto-update for instructions on how to disable auto-update.
- This package is automatically updated using the Chocolatey Automatic Package Update Model (AU). If you find it is out of date by more than a day or two, please contact the maintainer(s) and let them know the package is no longer updating correctly.