Home > Software > Development > IDE: VSCode > Puppet VSCode Extension
- Package ID
VSCode extension for Puppet
Puppet extension for Visual Studio Code
This extension provides full Puppet Language support for Visual Studio Code.
- Syntax highlighting
- IntelliSense for resources, parameters and more
- Outline View
- Go to Symbol
- Open Symbol by Name
- Live Workspace Intellisense
- Code snippets
- Go to Definition of functions, types and classes
- Validation of
- Import from
puppet resourcedirectly into manifests
- Node graph preview
- Puppet Development Kit integration
- (Experimental) Local debugging of Puppet manifests
- (Experimental) Docker Language Server support
It is currently in technical preview, so that we can gather bug reports and find out what new features to add.
Supported Puppet Versions
The Puppet Extension for VSCode works with Puppet 4 or higher. Some features will be slower or not work on Puppet 4, and are noted in the section for that feature. See open source Puppet and Puppet Enterprise lifecycle pages for version support details.
Please Note: This is an automatically updated package. If you find it is out of date by more than a day or two, please contact the maintainer(s) and let them know the package is no longer updating correctly.