Home > Software > Development > IDE > Visual Studio Code Git Lens Extension
- Package ID
Git blame annotations, code lens, and more.
Supercharge the Git capabilities built into Visual Studio Code — Visualize code authorship at a glance via Git blame annotations and code lens, seamlessly navigate and explore Git repositories, gain valuable insights via powerful comparison commands, and so much more GitLens is an open-source extension for Visual Studio Code created by Eric Amodio. While GitLens is generously offered to everyone free of charge, if you find it useful please consider supporting it. GitLens simply helps you understand code better. Quickly glimpse into whom, why, and when a line or code block was changed. Jump back through history to gain further insights as to how and why the code evolved. Explore the history and evolution of a codebase. ## Features Here are just some of the features that GitLens provides, * a GitLens explorer to navigate and explore repositories
- a GitLens History explorer to navigate and explore file histories
- an on-demand GitLens Results explorer to navigate and explore commit searches, visualize comparisons between branches, tags, commits, and more
- authorship code lens showing the most recent commit and # of authors to the top of files and/or on code blocks
- an unobtrusive current line blame annotation at the end of the line
- on-demand gutter blame annotations, including a heatmap, for the whole file
- on-demand gutter heatmap annotations to show how recently lines were changed, relative to all the other changes in the file and to now (hot vs. cold)
- on-demand recent changes annotations to highlight lines changed by the most recent commit
- a status bar blame annotation showing author and date for the current line
- commit search - by message, author, filename, commit id, or code changes
- many powerful commands for exploring commits and histories, comparing and navigating revisions, stash access, repository status, etc
- and so much more ## Notes * The package always installs the latest version of the extension. The version of the Chocolatey package reflects not the version of the extension.