Home > Software > Development > IDE: VSCode > Arduino VSCode Extension
- Package ID
Arduino for Visual Studio Code
The Arduino extension makes it easy to develop, build, deploy and debug your Arduino sketches in Visual Studio Code, with a rich set of functionalities
- IntelliSense and syntax highlighting for Arduino sketches
- Verify and upload your sketches in Visual Studio Code
- Built-in board and library manager
- Built-in example list
- Built-in serial monitor
- Snippets for sketches
- Automatic Arduino project scaffolding
- Command Palette (F1) integration of frequently used commands (e.g. Verify, Upload…)
- Integrated Arduino debugging
- This package requires an Arduino IDE 1.6.x or newer. You can install a version using the Arduino Chocolatey package or using the official distributions. Note the Windows Store / App version is not supported.
- This package requires Visual Studio Code 1.43.0 or newer. You can install either the vscode or vscode-insiders package.
- The extension will be installed in all editions of Visual Studio Code which can be found.
- While this package installs a specific version of the extension, Visual Studio Code by default will update the extension to the latest version on startup if there’s a newer version available on the marketplace. See Extension auto-update for instructions on how to disable auto-update.
- This package is automatically updated using the Chocolatey Automatic Package Update Model (AU). If you find it is out of date by more than a day or two, please contact the maintainer(s) and let them know the package is no longer updating correctly.