Home > Software > Development > IDE > Visual Studio Code
- Package ID
Visual Studio Code
Build and debug modern web and cloud applications. Code is free and available on your favorite platform - Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows.
- Meet IntelliSense: Go beyond syntax highlighting and autocomplete with IntelliSense, which provides smart completions based on variable types, function definitions, and imported modules.
- Print statement debugging is a thing of the past: Debug code right from the editor. Launch or attach to your running apps and debug with break points, call stacks, and an interactive console.
- Git commands built-in: Working with Git has never been easier. Review diffs, stage files, and make commits right from the editor. Push and pull from any hosted Git service.
- Extensible and customizable: Want even more features? Install extensions to add new languages, themes, debuggers, and to connect to additional services. Extensions run in separate processes, ensuring they won’t slow down your editor.
/NoDesktopIcon- Don’t add a desktop icon.
/NoQuicklaunchIcon- Don’t add an icon to the QuickLaunch area.
/NoContextMenuFiles- Don’t add an Open with Code entry to the context menu for files.
/NoContextMenuFolders- Dont’t add an Open with Code entry to the context menu for folders.
/DontAddToPath- Don’t add Visual Studio Code to the system PATH.
choco install vscode --params "/NoDesktopIcon /DontAddToPath"
- The package uses default install options except that it adds context menu entries and Visual Studio Code isn’t started after installation.
- For disabling the auto-update functionality see the Visual Studio Code Auto Update Deactivation package.