Home > Software > Development > Game Development Unity > Unity
- Package ID
Unity is a cross-platform game creation system developed by Unity Technologies and used to develop video games for PC, consoles, mobile devices and websites.
Multiplatform game engine (Note: Need to install separate package for some Target Platforms)
- Android, iOS, Windows Store, Tizen
- PC, MacOS, Linux
- PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, Nintendo 3DS
- Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, PlayStation VR, Gear VR, Microsoft Hololens
- Android TV, Samsung SMART TV, tvOS
- Debugging with IDE MonoDevelop and Visual Studio
- Make game with Editor. Fully Extendible Editor.
- 2D/3D physics (NVIDIA PhysX 3™ and Box2D)
- Native Code Plugin Support
- Integrated Animation Editor
- Blend Trees
- Inverse Kinematics
- State Machines
- Sync Layers and Additional Curves
- Sprite Packer
- Physically-Based Shading
- Low-Level Rendering Access
- Shuriken Particle System
- Dynamic Fonts with Markup
- Enlighten-powered Real-time Global Illumination
- Static Batching
- Dynamic Batching
- Level of Detail
- GPU Skinning for DirectX 11 and OpenGL ES 3.0
- Deferred Rendering
- Hierarchies of mixers
- Native Audio Plugins
- Transition the mood of your soundscape
- Asset store
- Cloud builds
- Performance reporting
- DLC: Assets Bundle
- External Version Control Support
- Multiplayer Networking with RakNet
- .NET Socket Support
- iOS Crash Reporter
- NavMeshes and Path-Finding
- Integrated SpeedTree support
- Command-line interface
- Images: png, bmp, tif, tga, jpg, psd
- 3D formats: fbx, dae, 3DS, dxf, obj, max, mb, ma, blend
- Audio: mp3, ogg, wav, aif, mod, it, s3m, xm
- Movie: mov, mpg, mpeg, mp4, avi, asf
The following package parameters can be set:
/InstallationPath:- Where to install the editor. Path must already exist. - defaults to "
To pass parameters, use
--params "''" (e.g.
choco install unity [other options] --params="'/InstallationPath:D:\Unity'").
To have choco remember parameters on upgrade, be sure to set
choco feature enable -n=useRememberedArgumentsForUpgrades.
If you’re a company and using Unity Personal, you must meet the following criteria:
- Do not make more than $100k in annual gross revenues, regardless of whether Unity Personal is being used for commercial purposes, or for an internal project or prototyping.
- Have not raised funds in excess of $100K.
- Not currently using Unity Plus or Pro.