Home > Software > Development > SDK > Mono 2.x
- Package ID
Mono – Cross platform, open source .NET development framework
Mono is a software platform designed to allow developers to easily create cross platform applications. Sponsored by Novell, Mono is an open source implementation of Microsoft’s .NET Framework based on the ECMA standards for C# and the Common Language Runtime. A growing family of solutions and an active and enthusiastic contributing community is helping position Mono to become the leading choice for development of Linux applications.
- [Multi-Platform]: Runs on Linux, OS X, BSD and Microsoft Windows, including x86, x86-64, ARM, s390, PowerPC and much more.
- [Multi-Language]: Develop in C# 4.0 (including LINQ and
dynamic), VB 8, Java, Python, Ruby, Eiffel, F#, Oxygene and more.
- Binary Compatible: Built on an implementation of the ECMA’s Common Language Infrastructure and C#.
- [Microsoft Compatible API]: Run ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Silverlight and Windows.Forms applications without recompilation.
- [Open Source, Free Software][Open Source]: Mono’s runtime, compilers, and libraries are distributed using the MIT license.
- [Comprehensive Technology Coverage]: Bindings and managed implementations of many popular libraries and protocols.
- Starting from package version 184.108.40.206 and onwards 64bit is supported, unfortunately the 64bit version does not contain the GTK# runtime. Please either install the 32bit edition (
chocol install mono --x86), or the gtksharp package if this is needed.