Home > Software > Development > IDE > Aptana Studio
- Package ID
Aptana Studio is an open source integrated development environment (IDE) for building Ajax web applications.
- Deployment Wizard Support for one-shot as well as keep-synchronized setups. Multiple protocols including FTP, SFTP, FTPS and Capistrano. Ability to automatically publish your Ruby & Rails applications to hosting services such as Heroku and Engine Yard.
- Git Integration Easily put your projects under git source code control. Collaborate with team members thru merge, pull and push actions to remote repositories such those hosted on Github. Facilitates git-based deployments.
- Built-in Terminal Quickly access a command line terminal for execution of operating system commands and language utilities such as gem, rake, etc.
- IDE Customization Setup your development environment exactly the way you want it by extending the core capabilities through scripting of custom commands. Studio ships with hundreds of commands but always presents them in context based on the type of file your are editing. ## Notes This package installs the standalone version of Aptana Studio. ### Optional Dependencies
- Ruby 1.8.7+ and /or 1.9.1+
- Rails (2.x and/or 3.0)
- The gem that supports the database(s) of your choice.
- For debugging you will need to have the