- Package ID
The latest Cumulative Update (CU) download is the most recent CU released for SQL Server 2017
The latest Cumulative Update (CU) download is the most recent CU released for SQL Server 2017 and contains all updates released since the release of SQL Server 2017 RTM.
- Each new CU contains all the fixes that were included in the previous CU for the installed version of SQL Server.
- SQL Server CUs are certified to the same levels as Service Packs, and should be installed at the same level of confidence.
- Microsoft recommends ongoing, proactive installation of CUs as they become available:
- Historical data shows that a significant number of support cases involve an issue that has already been addressed in a released CU.
- CUs may contain added value over and above hotfixes. This includes supportability, manageability, and reliability updates.
- We recommend that you test CUs before you deploy them to production environments.
Uninstalling with Chocolatey is known to not be reliable, as the uninstaller wants to locate
sql_engine_core_inst_loc.msi from the original installation media.
Should you need to uninstall this cumulative update, you may need to revert to manual uninstallation via Programs and Features, Installed Updates.