Home > Software > Development > Revision Management > GitHub Desktop
- Package ID
Git client for GitHub.com project hosting site
GitHub Desktop includes a fully functional version of msysgit — no need to install anything extra. You can pull up a PowerShell console within the context of any repository. GitHub for Windows even includes the amazing posh-git utility for your command line pleasure. ### GitHub.com Account
- Requires a free account for creating or contributing to GitHub repositories.
- Free to use for public projects.
- Private repositories require a paid plan. ### Documentation
- GitHub for Windows
- msysgit (included)
- posh-git (included)
- GitHub.com (web interface)
- GitHub Flow (branch-based workflow)